Please click here to join us and play!

is the game free/will the game be free?

4 years ago
#1077 Quote
im an old viewer from like a year ago and i was checking to see the progress that has been made and so far quiet a bit has been added.

i was wondering, when the game updates in full release will the game be free? or will we have to pay for it?
im asking this question cause im really hopeing its free cause i really dont have a lot of money (aka no money at all)
i dont mean to sound greedy at all! i just really want the game cause its the only mmo rpg that has free raoming WITH NUKES!!!
it would mean a lot to me if i were to be able to get it...

plus in the future im going to get a new pc for Christmas (maybe)
so not only i would have the game, it would run faster and i would be able to record it for YouTube (yes i have a YouTube channel that go's by the name of thenoobmann <the two N's intended you have to have the two N's to find me)

and if the game is/will be free then let me know.

it would make me really happy

btw what does reputasion mean? and what are credits for? O-o
4 years ago
#1078 Quote
P.S it would make sense to make the game purchase only so you could get some **money** off of it but at the same time it would make some people un-happy
4 years ago
#1080 Quote
Hello. The game will not be free on release. Keeping servers up and costs of living for Rodol are a thing. It will be cheaper than the funders editions though. You can preview the prices and if you buy one you get that much money off of the other editions. So you can work your way up to tech-hangar when you have some money, or consider asking for the game for a birthday or something.

To answer your other two questions. Reputation is used as a requirement to join the Outpost Police as well as rank up in that unit as well as the Tradelords and Expanse bureau. It will also be used to make factions and serve as a secondary ingame currency alongside credits as the main currency
4 years ago
#1082 Quote
loop8000 wrote:
Hello. The game will not be free on release. Keeping servers up and costs of living for Rodol are a thing. It will be cheaper than the funders editions though. You can preview the prices and if you buy one you get that much money off of the other editions. So you can work your way up to tech-hangar when you have some money, or consider asking for the game for a birthday or something.

will i have to get a membership/pay monthly/weekly?
4 years ago
#1083 Quote
No. When you buy a copy of the game you have it for the life of the game. There is some talk about possible other additions in the future such as a "Premium pass" or some other micro-transaction. These won't be necessary to play the game but instead serve as a way to get some neat bonuses and help finance the game long-term. As rodol once said "Rival Rebels will be an MMO, multiplayer means we need servers! One single payment forever will not cover next month’s expenses. The cloud game server is not free, the website SSL hosting is not free, Unity engine’s commercial use license is not free, neither is the e-commerce transactions (Credit Cards), nor my rent."
4 years ago
#1084 Quote
Two things. First, the game will not be free. Rodol works hard by himself to make the game and as such he deserves to make some money off of his work. Second, please edit your message if you have stuff to add instead of making a new message right after. That goes for both of you.
Probably RR's only furry. No, im not one of those degenerates. Forum Moderator Admin. Feel free to add me on Discord(frostifur) and Telegram(@FrostiFur)
4 years ago
#1085 Quote
Wait, so the points we get from being on the forums translates into in-game currency, correct?
Every Sci-Fi story needs at least one Paddy in it
4 years ago
#1086 Quote
Pretty much MrAnimator. Also Frosti I was on mobile so typing in this small box was really difficult with the pre-existing message. I compiled them just now since I have my computer.
4 years ago
#1087 Quote
loop8000 wrote:
Pretty much MrAnimator. Also Frosti I was on mobile so typing in this small box was really difficult with the pre-existing message. I compiled them just now since I have my computer.
Ah alright, thanks for fixing it.
Probably RR's only furry. No, im not one of those degenerates. Forum Moderator Admin. Feel free to add me on Discord(frostifur) and Telegram(@FrostiFur)
4 years ago
#1088 Quote
So just to be clear...

I'm getting paid a virtual currency to talk about anything.

Who wants to learn about Irish history?
Every Sci-Fi story needs at least one Paddy in it